To use our IT services, you will need a University User ID and password. These details are unique to you and enable you to use our services safely and securely. Most students receive their User ID before they start at University - we will post these details out to you on your enrolment form and again on your welcome letter. If you didn't receive your details or have misplaced them, call us on 0191 515 3333 and we'll get this information to you.
Your new password will need:
- at least one UPPER case letter
- at least one lower case letter
- at least one number
- have at least TEN characters
Please consider the following guidance when choosing a password:
- use a mixture of characters, UPPER- and lower-case letters, numbers and other characters such as ) ( > < * & ^ % $ , but not a space : or |
- Do not use words that are in dictionaries, even with numbers substituted for letters.
- Do not use names or other words that people can associate with you.
- Keep your University password different from other passwords or PINs you use.
- Change your password regularly.
- Change your password immediately if you suspect someone else knows it.
If you are unable to change your password through Selfcare or an error prevents you, call 0191 515 3333.